The Department of Performing Arts at The Masters School encompasses Dance, Music and Theater studies and experiences. The faculty are dedicated to facilitating student pathways to discover the thrill of performing. Across a variety of performance mediums and in a wide range of performance settings, from ensemble pieces to technical artists, the department features opportunities for students to try their hand at performance art. Further, the department offers opportunities for deep understanding of the various areas through courses that offer perspectives in production, theory and history.
With a philosophy and pedagogy deeply rooted in the belief that artistic expression is a fundamental fiber of being human, The Department of Performing Arts of The Masters School contributes to a community characterized by curiosity and empathy by nurturing adaptable, resilient, and expressive artists.
- to learn – to engage with performing arts through active participation and meaningful collaboration; to explore the spectrum of our artistry; to take ownership of our personal learning as well as the collective growth of a collaborative group;
- to strive - to create safe spaces and new worlds; to cultivate versatility; to grow in proportion to our potential and in relationship to our starting points; to feel and express passion;
- to dare - to imagine a better tomorrow; to persevere through setbacks; to feel what it means to be human; to push our boundaries;
- to do - to create together in a variety of styles and settings; to develop personal meaning and character through performing arts experiences; to find and experience joy;
- to be a power for good in the world - to connect to self as well as to something larger; to serve our community through our art; to connect to what it means to be human universally; to elevate each other and the community through both artistic inquiry and celebration.